Monday, October 13, 2008

Thanksgiving - Canadian Style


This is Thanksgiving weekend for us Canadians. Monday is officially Thanksging Day. Many have their Thanksging feast on one of the three days of the weekend. I love Thanksgiving! Turkey, cranberries, stuffing, yams, potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie. This is Thanksgiving Canadian style.


Noah, Naomi, and I (Abigail was sick with a fever so Chris stayed home with her) went to my brother and sister-in-law's where my parents are visiting for the weekend. It was a great meal. On the way home I drove through a full blown Canadian Prairie blizzard (not exactly as represented in the pic but close!). We could not go much more than 70kms/hr and at one point we could only go 40 kms/hr. Like I said: Thanksgiving - Canadian style!
This morning the ground is white with snow. The kids had a blast playing in the snow this morning. It looks like most will melt by the end of the day - but it is a foretaste of what is to come. It is a little early for the snow to stay until the Spring!

No comments: