Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fantasy Football Time!


I am a fantasy sports nut. I play Fantasy Hockey, Baseball, and Football. I have played on sportingnews.com for several years but just this last winter I tried Yahoo! because they had Draft and Trade hockey and sportingnews did not. Well, I have stayed with Yahoo! and I am presently playing my fantasy baseball there as well (not very well mind you - I am presently 13 out of 14!). I should point out (especially if my brother should read this) that I won my Regular season Hockey Draft & Trade league this past year as well as my salary cap Play-off Hockey league this past year. :-) I lost in the playoffs in the semi-final last year in my football league (so close!).
I drafted my Fantasy Football team last night - it was a live draft which is the most fun. The league is a big league with 16 teams so it makes the picking a little slim for some of the key positions. And instead of the traditional DEFENSE we pick individual defensive players (IDPs) which I really like. The roster is QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, D, DL , DB and then your bench players. So far I have been impressed with Yahoo! and the Draft and Trade leagues are free! I am uncertain about my team below. I think I will have to make some adjustments with my defensive players. I may join another league and run two teams this year.
Below is my team.

Drew Brees (NO - QB), T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Cin - WR), Lee Evans (Buf - WR), Joseph Addai (Ind - RB), Selvin Young (Den - RB), Alge Crumpler (Ten - TE), Santana Moss (Was - WR), Justin Fargas (Oak - RB), Jon Kitna (Det - QB), D.J. Hackett (Car - WR), Jerramy Stevens (TB - TE), Kenton Keith (Ind - RB), Shaun McDonald (Det - WR), Jason Hanson (Det - K), Patrick Kerney (Sea - DL), Sammy Knight (NYG - DB), DeMarcus Ware (Dal - DL), Adewale Ogunleye (Chi - DL)

No comments: