Monday, July 28, 2008

A Handy Pamphlet

I am a fan of the new hymnal (Lutheran Service Book). I think it is well done and will serve the Church well into the future. However, there is a glaring mistake that I raised the minute I received a copy. The Collect Prayers are not included! This, I have been told, is due to space considerations and not wanting the book to be too big and heavy. But this is my prayer book! I use this for daily devotions. The Daily Offices require the Collect and it is frustrating to have to go somewhere else to get it. Lutheran Worship was far from perfect - but at least it had everything you need in one place!
Well, CPH has produced a little pamphlet that has all the Collect Prayers in it ($4.00 or something). It just arrived in the mail today. I am going to try and affix it in my hymnal somehow (I used "funtack" but I am not sure if that will work or how long it will last). For me it will be $4.00 well spent - but it still leaves me wondering about this decision to leave the Collects out - and don't get me started on the Introits and the complete Psalter!

No comments: